Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL – State Automatic Heating & Cooling – Call 630-326-6330

Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL

Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL

As the temperatures steadily fall and the sun goes down a little earlier each day here in Chicagoland, your residential furnace may start struggling to maintain a comfortable and consistent temperature throughout your house. However, does this indicate you need to start shopping for a new furnace soon? Or, does it mean one or more of the parts in your furnace simply need Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL? Knowing a little basic information about the main parts of a furnace will help you be able to make informed decisions about your comfort system.

How Furnaces Work
There are two main components to most residential comfort systems: an inside unit and an outside unit. Your furnace is the inside unit. It serves an essential function for your comfort system. It heats and also circulates heated air throughout your home during the winter. Furthermore, during the summertime, your furnace draws in the cool air from the outside unit and functions as a fan to push that cool air through your home. The units are made to work in conjunction with each other.

What Does AFUE Mean?
You’ve probably seen it before: AFUE is for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. It’s a way of measuring the efficiency of a gas furnace’s ability to convert fuel into energy. Greater efficiency results in a better AFUE percentage. For example, a furnace with an AFUE percentage of 80 converts 80 percent of the energies it consumes to heat. The remaining 20 percent is utilized as part of heating process. The minimal standard AFUE rating for a new furnace is 78 percent. A medium-efficiency furnace will usually have a rating somewhere between 80 to 85. Highly-rated efficiency units are typically between 90 to 97 percent.

Main Components of a Gas Furnace – Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL

-Heat Exchanger`
This essential part serves as the core of a gas furnace. The purpose of the heat exchanger is exactly as its name indicates: it produces heat via an exchange process. The part includes of a set of tubes or coils that loop within the exchanger. There’s a blower motor in the gas furnace the directs the warm air from the exchanger to the ductwork. Once there, it circulates through the house to keep temperatures comfortable.

The heat exchanger is among the most critical gas furnace parts in your home heating comfort system. If a crack develops on a heat exchanger, it can impede the furnace’s ability to provide consistent heat. In addition, a crack can enable exhaust gases to leak out and contaminate the indoor air with unhealthy carbon monoxide. A cracked heat exchanger should be replaced right away by a Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL technician.

-Gas Manifold
This another of the most critical furnace parts. The gas manifold provides the connection from the gas burner directly to the gas valve. The gas it transports to the burners is dependent upon on the size of the opening drilled into the gas manifold. It is usually the most maintenance-free parts of a gas furnace. However, it should still be inspected during a furnace check-up by a Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL technician in order to confirm it is operating properly

-Gas Burner
This is the component that heats the air inside the heat exchanger. After you switch on the furnace, its pilot flame burns at a relatively low temperature inside the burner. The flame warms the air in the exchanger and then distributes through your home.

When you need fast Heating Repair Near Me Batavia IL, call State Automatic Heating & Cooling at 630-326-6330.